Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are the ultimate in the chocolate cookie department. Now that you've found this recipe, you can rest assured that you will never, ever, need another chocolate chip cookie recipe again. Unless you want to make them to act as a decoy. In fact, you might never need any other recipe, at all, period. As a wise man once said: you don't win friends with salad.

It distressed me to hear that there is a link between depression and chocolate - meaning, the more chocolate you eat, the more likely you are to be depressed. Athough I'm willing to admit that there may be a connection between the two, I sincerely doubt that there is a causal link - maybe the depression precedes the indulgence, did they ever think of that? That chocolate is the cure, not the culprit?
In my own experience, this is surely the case. For instance, I ate almost no chocolate for the long, trying 3 months of my first trimester, and I have to say, I felt a little strange. My body felt... different. My hormones were definitely acting up. Now that I'm in my second trimester and enjoying the company of my dear old friend again, I feel... actually, I still feel a bit different.
Maybe it's the fetus.
Regardless, I figure, a happy mommy is a happy baby, and I'm back on track to satisfying each individual chocolate craving as it arises.


Choco Chocolate Chip Cookies (An exercise in decadence)

3/4 cup of oil
2 cups of brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp ground flax
1/2 cup of soymilk

2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

1. In a small dish, mix the milk with the flax.

2. In a large bowl, cream together oil and sugar. Add the flax/milk mix and vanilla extract.

3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.

4. Fold the dry into the wet in batches.

5. Mix the chips in with your hands.

6. Rolls them into cookie-sized balls, press them gently with a fork, and place them on an oiled cookie sheet, keeping in mind that these cookies grow outwards, not upwards.

7. Cook them for 9 or 10 minutes at 350.














No comments:

Post a Comment